Monday 2 June 2008

Smazogz Poems L

ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ

Land of Sleeping Stories

It’s midnight

The streets are deserted outside

People are asleep in their beds

Cats patrol the streets like

Tortoise shell police

The birds are resting in their nests

Dogs are dreaming in their baskets

Moles are probably playing on river banks

Streetlights light abandoned roads

General existence outside is slack

Yet I am here sat on my PC

Typing the conclusion of my longest story

Time for a tea and a smoke I think

Then in my state of full awake-ness I’ll sink

Back off into my imagination, my story land.

© Andrew Smazogz April 2006

ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ

270705 LAW OF THE NECROMANCER ©A.J.Smazogz

This earth is a big, cancerous wart

With parts of it dying everyday

We have to look after our own interests

Or one day, they too will seep into disarray

A society in debt gave what little they had

The dictators pretend to be little Galahads

As flies eat the eyes of a decaying child

Held by an even more decayed parent

These images are meant to stop us in our tracks

They always do after terrorist attacks

Taking the heat off our own paranoid streets

Devices of a manipulative world of greed

What is the point in bothering to try?

At the end of the day we are all going to die

Mash up all the Ethiopians into a shepherds pie

As famine and starvation are in great supply

Dictators and fascists claim they are pure

Showing that they care by paying reporters to uphold fake views

Cleaning the blood off one street

Then pretending they’ve saved a nation

See through bullshit

The craving for hunger will never be satisfied

Execution means less go without

People with their throats cut can’t shout

Politicians are like prostitutes – putting it out

Sniffing around other peoples affairs like a pig without a snout

Suffering is part of existing – just accept the fact

We are all irrelevant offspring on a big universal twat

Floating around thinking we know everything

Free as caged birds in a magicians hat

I tell you - we are all slaves in waiting, sitting by the sides of our graves

There is no heavenly master, there is no supreme being

Throughout history we’ve thought we are our own masters of supremacy

But this is the biggest untruth of them all

We all become victim, no matter our pledge, to the necromancer’s law

ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ

W LIFE CELL EXTRAPOLATION

R

I I am a cell

T Just a single cell

T Covered in packaging

E Pliable and thin

N

I am a microscope

B Delving and zooming in

Y There is more to me than I thought

: What I see in my mirror is out of focus

A I am a reflection

N A former incarnation of what once was

D In two dimensionality I exist

R Mimicking my own every move

E

W I am an actor

Acting out a role

S I am rich minded

M Yet I am on the dole

A

I I am unemployable

L I won’t be pulled into line

I am my own master

2 I am part of this race ~ so divine

0

I am a wretch

O In the face of fallen divinity

C I am a victim

T Of over-ruling burdens of authority

O

B I am Mana

E I am Gaia

R I am the flow, the ebb

You are my friends

2 My beginning and my end

0

0 I am continual

3 Looping, seamlessly joined, connected

I am a living statue

Of a person to be remembered

I am remembrance

I am what my ancestors wanted to be

I can find strength in weakness

I can give back what has been taken

I am taken

Taken into the depths of the darkest colours

Where orbs replace humans

Where life cell extrapolation exists

ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ

Loosing my Bearings

Started skateboarding when I was twelve

My cousin got one for Christmas

Together we would take it in turns

Navigating angles of pavements and kerbs

As time granted experience our confidence grew

Soon we were looking for more adventurous things to do

Originally we were only able to go around the block

But as our height grew we were granted more space from our flock

The parades and pedestrians areas of our immediate surroundings

Gave us an almost limitless expanse in which to pretend and play

Almost two decades have passed since then yet it all

Seems like yesterday

Thoughts of childhood flood my mind as I grind

Down the centre reservation of escalators, then along a length of bus stop seats

Around the walking I interweave and swerve

With a consortium of loud mp3's on constant blast

Rip-riding through tourists, descending flights of steps in one jump

Heightening emotional state, blood rushing - heart going thump, thump, thump

I make a mistake

Suddenly in an area difficult to navigate

Balance almost goes

Smoke flows from my toes

As I speed along like a human rocket

Twenty foot drop back down to Earth

As I wall ride with not a care in the world

Soaring like a bird with padded elbows and knees

Able to get to almost anywhere I please

Down the sides of ramps to accumulate speed

Into the final stunt : A double back-flip from a 4 wheel, no handed trapeze

I know I could easily break my neck

But I am confidence in my mastery of

This adrenalin pumping, form of disease

The danger of which is always present

Living on the edge is what makes me who I am - Where making a mistake could be fatal

In essence it’s the -- 'be all’ -- and -- 'end all' -- of me

Words © : Andrew Smazogz - During Epping Holiday 12-16th August 2006

ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ ƐƕƖƗƚƛƟơƠƟƠơ

No comments: