Monday 2 June 2008

Smazogz Poems N

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never give into transition, whatever the headset

By : Andrew ‘Smazogz/BigPoppaSmaz’ 17th Dec 2005

My house seems somehow quiet and overly large

With many hours of solitude in between

When the pitter patter of your feet and the

Choric ‘Daddy’, ‘Daddy’, from your lips have echoed into memoir silence

I now have to slot back into entertaining myself again

It is a difficult task which leaves me upset underneath

A pointless silence

A dormant mid-flow

Lost in my thoughts

Discontent with myself

Looking back the cards I dealt

Were unfairly stacked

I was a machine incapable of showing love or affection

Now I pay with a joker either side

I don’t want to feel like this but I do

I feel like a stupid, ill tempered little fool

With my dreams walking to and fro

Both with and without me

A passage in my mind becomes my entire mind

I don’t want to close the door

Or to turn over a page

Or start reading a new book altogether

So here I exist in a state of unseen limbo

Getting older and balder

Never really forgiving myself for when I went wrong

I just have to accept this feeling is part of me.

But in the meantime my sitting here feeling sorry for myself is far from constructive

So without turning a page, finding a new book or closing any doors

I instead divert, just slightly, my capsule of emotion

So as to indulge in my favorite pastimes

Such a poetry, music and art

The gifts I’ve always enjoyed most, right from my very start

Like you my son, my wondrous sunbeam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No winners, No losers

In the race

Do any of us know our place

In the race

Does anybody even notice your face

In the race

Running all over this place

Winning is everything

Proving you are the best

Winning is everything

No one else is as good as you

Winning is everything

But the loser wins the same prize as the winner

Heaven bound, hell bound

Outer bodied spirits cook your dinner

For your medal

You are deemed as a sinner

Needing to prove you are better than everyone else

Shows that something is lacking in you

Finishing last in a race

At least you can say that you ran in the first place

Races, racing

A mistruth you are facing

In a perfect race

Everyone would finish together

No gold, silver, relegation or bronze

We don't need medals, the faces we wear and the bodies we drape in clothes are our medals

In the race

For the colour of our skin

In the race

Religion seals your fate

In the race

Preordanity always wins

In the race

There are no first place pedestals

So don't get in a strop when things aren't going well

Don't bother praying to God 'cos you'll only end up in hell

Its all a fabrication of evolution - can't you tell

We are all atomic hunks of debris under the same vizier's spell

So shake the hand of the man or woman who finished before you

Congratulate them in their victory then to them this poem tell

Let them realise for all their medallions

They have just as much or as little as you

Don't sit behind a wall of rejection

Speak your mind - try to stand out - like a giant erection

Because there is no law, there is no justice, there is no God

There is just us

All of us

As for racing with other races to defeat

Surely that doesn't make us complete

To the contrary in my mind

Give the loser just as much accreditation as the winner

The odds behind all the humanistic bullshit - is just the same

© Andy Smazogz in around 10 minutes - Thu 4th May 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: